Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ranch Dressing Recipe

After reading the comments left from the MSG post, I looked at the salad dressings in my fridge and, low and behold, there is MSG in my Hidden Valley Ranch (The original recipe.  I couldn't see it in the home style recipe).
NOOOOOO!  I love a good vinegerette, but through and through, I am a ranch girl.  Well, thanks to my friend Jamie, here is a recipe for ranch that is MSG free!

Ranch Dressing
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. mayo (we get olive oil mayo)
1/2 c. sour cream
1/2 to 3/4 c. buttermilk (or milk to taste)
1/4 c. chopped flat leaf parsley
2 Tbs. chopped chives
2 tsp. chopped fresh dill
With a fork, make paste of garlic and salt. Mix in all other ingredients. Chill for a couple of hours before serving.


Optional ingredients: white vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper, paprika, oregano, pepper, Tabasco


Finally, I had to post this website uncovering all of the foods with MSG served at . . . . . . . . . . Burger King and McDonalds.  Reason number 1,752 why I don't eat fast food.

http://www.msgexposed.com/page/2/

No comments:

Post a Comment